What We Believe
Our Statement of Faith
- In the perfectly complete, verbally inspired Word of God in the originals, that they are fully trustworthy and are the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
(II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:20, 21)
- In the Trinity of the Godhead; One God eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14)
- In Jesus Christ who was God made in the Flesh, His birth of the virgin Mary, His atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross, the resurrection of His body from the tomb, and His power to save men from sin.
(Romans 5:8, 9; I Corinthians 15:1 ff)
- That the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin and who regenerates, seals, baptizes, indwells, and empowers every believer and keeps them unto the day of redemption.(John 16:7-11; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:13, 14; Romans 8:14-17)
- That all men are by nature totally dead spiritually and that salvation is entirely by faith without works. (Ephesians 2:1-10; Romans 3:21-28)
- In the Church of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people are members.
We believe that the local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, based on a confession of faith, and joined together for worship, work, and fellowship.
We believe that the local church is committed to the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and that God has given the church the task of proclaiming to a lost world the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.
(I Corinthians 12:12-27; 10:32; 11:23; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:17-29)
- In a pre-tribulational rapture of the church; a resurrection of the saved and the unsaved; a personal coming of the Lord to establish His kingdom on earth and eternal blessedness for the saved and eternal conscious punishment for the lost.
(Revelation 20:12-15; John 5:28, 29; Matthew 25:45, 46)